Attending Catch the Vision is just one of the requirements for membership at Smithtown Gospel Tabernacle. The following requirements for membership can be found in SGT’s Constitution and Bylaws which you can read in its entirety here.
The Standards of Membership shall be:
- Evidence of spiritual regeneration (Jn. 1:12; I Pet. 1:18-23).
- Evidence of a consistent Christian life (Rom. 6:4; 13:13-14; Eph. 4:17-5:11, 15; 4:1-2, 15; I Jn. 1:6-7).
- Water baptism by immersion (Matt. 28:19-20; Rom. 6:3-12).
- Full subscription to the Statement of Faith as set forth in the Constitution.
- Commitment to support the body by regularly praying for the body, attending services, attending business meetings, serving in ministry, and giving financially.
- A minimum of 18 years of age.
We also require you to be have been saved and in attendance at SGT for at least six months prior to applying for membership.
If you qualify for membership based on these standards, then you are invited to fill out an application for membership (available today for those qualified to apply). The application is then:
- reviewed by Pastor Fowler
- sent to Pastor Zarlengo and the Elders for their approval
- sent to the Combined Board for its approval and then finally
- put before the members in one of its two yearly business meetings.